In 1605, the British Isles were scandalized by a Catholic attempt to blow up the king in Parliament, which became known us the Gunpowder Plot. The leading men belonged to the Midland gentry, whereas higher ranking members of the Catholic opposition, most notably Lord Monteagle,...
- Political opposition and publishing – the trial of bookseller and journalist John Almon in 1770 on
- ‘That Horrid Conspiracy’ – commemorating the Gunpowder Plot in early modern Britain on
- Postdoc position: Research Group “Culture des révoltes et révolutions”, Caen (Normandie) on
- Coming soon: “Writing rebellion in early modern diplomacy” on
- Die neue Dimension der Grausamkeit? – Visualisierung von Gewalt in Videos des ‘Islamischen Staats’ on